Workday Review

Good reporting, reliable, and scales well

What is our primary use case?

In different companies, I have used all of the core features. I have also used it for HR and worked with the recruiting functionality.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of reporting.

What needs improvement?

The implementation could have gone a little smoother. Typically, they give you credits for hours to use, and you go through them quickly. Then, they charge you per hour on calls after that, so I had to negotiate it because I implemented it myself and did not use an outside party.

With respect to technical support, there is some room for improvement.

In the future, I would like to see better artificial intelligence in recruiting capabilities.

I had used Workday for approximately seven years, but I have now left that position.

This is a reliable solution.

I did have an opportunity to scale it. At the first company, there were approximately 2,500 users. In the second one, the number of people using it was closer to 4,000.

The technical support is very good when you get through to the right person.

I have used Workday in two previous roles. At one company, I installed it, and at a second one, I helped to implement it.

The deployment is a little bit complex and I had to purchase additional support hours to complete it. It did not take a long time, although it was also not quick. If you consider what is probably common for most people implementing any type of system that size, I was probably about six weeks late on the deliverable.

I deployed it myself.

Licensing fees are paid on a yearly basis. The pricing is good from an HR perspective, although management gets upset after spending $500,000 a year, every year. As the cost continues, you get a little pushback from finance. It is not a cheap solution.

There is an additional hourly charge for support once you are finished with the credits that are included.

What other advice do I have?

This is definitely a product that I recommend. I still think it's one of the better solutions that you're not paying for customization with. There are better products out there, but you have to customize them. Then, you're paying for increased costs with deliverables. You create a lot of spaghetti strings on customization, then you have to hire consultants to do the work.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Workday reviews from users
...who compared it with SAP SuccessFactors
Learn what your peers think about Workday. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.