Workday logo twitter reasonably small

Workday Review
I've used it for operational and detailed reporting and some low-level analytics. The community is super helpful.

Valuable Features:

I primarily used the report writer; have some experience with EIB integrations as well.

Improvements to My Organization:

My personal organization does not use it. However, in my clients’ organizations, people really seemed to like the user interface, and the community has been extremely helpful. The regular releases are also very nice. Reporting is a bit of a learning curve coming from an ERP built on a standard relationship database, but once users get the hang of it, it's really quite powerful.

Room for Improvement:

It's great for operational / detailed reporting and some low-level analytics, but for heavy-duty analysis against large data sets, I find it's a bit lacking. For instance, the indexed data sources only work when using non-calculated fields. Most clients have a TON of calculated fields used for reporting purposes, so I find this severely limits the appeal of such data sources. Non-indexed data sources don't perform very well against large datasets compared to a data warehouse / star schema / OLAP cube.

Use of Solution:

I have used it off and on since 2013; had one project where I worked with it for about two years, another for about six months.

Stability Issues:

I rarely if ever encountered any stability issues.

The community is super helpful; haven't had to use an actual support ticket thus far.

Initial Setup:

From a reporting standpoint, there's not much configuration or setup required at all.

Other Advice:

The reporting capability is perfectly adequate in 90% of cases, given the requisite training. For "heavy-duty" analytics across very large datasets, consider the integration required for integrating with an on-premise data warehouse, for example... There will be considerable additional overhead in managing the outbound files, SFTP, ETL, etc. from a cloud source vs an on-premise source.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a Workday implementation partner.

3 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

highlevel overview of analytic solution given, this community has been helpful in giving some insights while keep updated with the latest trends

Like (1)20 September 16

As a user The Analytics provider are very helpful

Like (1)20 September 16
A5223938 eed9 42af 9f16 9a9bd1568f21 avatar
Orlee GillisCommunity Mgr

Have there been pointed areas where Workday's analytics capabilities answered specific questions that you previously did not have a way to answer?

Like (0)28 September 16
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Workday?

Our experts can help. 228,467 professionals have used our research on 5,836 solutions.