Workday Review

We can store all the employee data information on it. However, we can't do our own reporting.

What is our primary use case?

It is our HR source of data. It performs okay.

How has it helped my organization?

It stores everything for the employee. It has also been able to store the information that we use for our payroll demand.

What is most valuable?

It is quite user-friendly. We can store all the employee data information on it.

What needs improvement?

I cannot really use Workday, because they don't have worker payroll in the product. We have to solve our payroll. I hope one day they will be able to have their own localized standard payrolls for all countries.

In terms of reporting, we have to rely on a consultant to do the report customization. If we have an employee who is working for two or three countries, we don't have a simple global employee number to keep track of them, because then you have to use a separate employee number for different countries.

The most important thing is to be able to do your own reporting, which it can't do. We rely so much on our consultant to customize reports for us. Also, if you want to have authorization of certain roles, there is a lot of inflexibility in how the authorizations can be set.

For time management, it does not have a calendar generator. For example, if you want to have a shift calendar for an entire year, you need to push the entire year's calendar into the system instead of being able to generate it using a time management pattern.

More than five years.

It is stable.

You must have your internal technical support people be able to follow up after you have gone live. The reason is because there are many things that you can't do as a user, and you need someone to support you technically. Things like customized reporting, user authorizations, and implementation of new modules needs to have someone who is able to do the technicality of your configurations or your customization for you after you have gone live.

We did have another solution previously. We switched because we required something that was available regionally in order for us to keep track of employee data.

With a bigger budget, I would recommend SAP.

I actually preferred SAP HCM. Comparatively, I felt that SAP HCM is more comprehensive, cost competitive, and the salary and payroll in the country is available. It has more in-depth functions that you can actually use, including doing a hot query in SAP. You can even use the data within the system to turn up a report easily without having to depend on a technical consultant to do the customization for you.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• It works for all the countries that we have.
  • We are able to implement it.
  • It can handle all the necessary modules within the system, such as authorization of benefits and time management.