Workday Review

Good reporting with an interface that is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution to gather customer requirements and then generate reports.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the reporting. HCM prepares reports that describe the performance and other details.

The user interface is good and very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The security console should be made less complex. This way, if anybody wants access to a particular business object then they can simply send a request to access the corresponding parts. Once the administrator sees the request, they can set permissions to specify whether the user has access or not.

I would like a report that searches for and produces a list of all the business objects that are based on a function area.

I have been using Workday for two years.

I have not had any issues with stability.

We have had some errors in reporting but they were easily solved.

This is a scalable solution.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

I have experience with database-based ERP systems and this solution is easier to use.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The length of time required to deploy Workday depends on the complexity of the requirements. The average is probably one week.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to first prepare the company so that Workday will best support the organization. You need to integrate it properly into the business. After that is the security configuration, which is the complex part.

Moving to a cloud solution after using an on-premises solution has given me some difficulty because there is a gap. However, the user interface is easier to use.

More Workday reviews from users