Workfront Review

Workfront is a tool that promotes operational discipline and project governance.

What is most valuable?

Workfront's most valuable features include the ability for users to:

- Add comments to work projects

- Document risks and issues on specific projects

- Add a URL (for companies that keep project documents in a secure repository)

- Create easy reports to meet stewardship needs of executives

- Insert custom templates for common types of projects

How has it helped my organization?

As per a user survey, 90% of respondents believe that Workfront has increased operational discipline.

What needs improvement?

Areas for improvement are related to how users could leverage the tool for operational work to track responsibilities and to assist with succession planning.

I have used Workfront for about three years in a learning department to manage learning projects, operational work and consultations as a specialist.

Deployment was very successful with the help of a consultation package to ensure adequate change management activities were in place.

In a large corporation, it is not easy to upgrade to the most current browser. We have experienced multiple problems as a result. Ensure you have access to current browsers, if you are going to purchase this SAAS.

Our team choose Workfront, knowing that there are many features we will grow into as we mature as an organization.

Level of customer service is excellent.

Level of technical support is excellent.

The previous solutions included ad-hoc use of Excel, Outlook, One Note and PPT reports.