Workfront Review

Increased productivity, complete transparency and full accountability

What is most valuable?

Project Tracking

Timesheets

Reporting

How has it helped my organization?

Previous to Workfront, all projects were tracked in Excel Spreadsheets. Updates were only received when a projects became critical. This lead to daily fire alarms and those who screamed the loudest god the work done. Now, all projects are tracked and prioritized based on several criteria. Resources know their schedule over a month out and are not having to shift focus several times throughout the day.

What needs improvement?

Agile methodology- When a task is assigned to an agile team the date associated with the task becomes null and void because is is scheduled in an iteration. The PM then does not have the ability to update the date and often will throw off the project schedule and show as behind.

I have used Workfront (AtTask) for two years now

None

None

With the new security levels the Administrative overhead increased.

Excellent, very timely attention to urgent issues.

Excellent, always had the answer I needed even though sometimes it required escalation to level 2.

Excel and project

The setup was very straight forward and it was simple enough to get my PMO team trained and efficient using it within only a couple of weeks.

Less than 6 months

What other advice do I have?

This has been a great solution for us. We are integrating with TFS and ZenDesk so that each department can work within their own application. Work happens much more efficiently and the transparency throughout the organization is immeasurable as the majority of all executive reporting is happening within the tool.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I previously worked for Workfront as a consultant