Workfront Review

Really good for Project Management. They have another section for "Requests" which lacks functionality.

What is most valuable?

Streamlined Project & Incident Management

Time Reporting

Customization

User friendly

Great for approval workflows

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to combine Project Management, Help Desk ticket handling, Time Reporting and now we have everything in one place. This saves a lot of time and since all work items have the option to post a comment and get other people involved, we are no longer sending emails about this.

What needs improvement?

Customizing and maintaining Workfront can be very time consuming. Also, once you get really familiar with it you will notice a few bugs.

2 years - Anaconda

As I mentioned, there are a few bugs in the system but nothing to worry about. Also, they have a website with information but it is not updated nor complete. Sometimes the only option is to use a consultant for basic things that could and should be listed in their help site.

We get a few errors every now and then. Most of them will go away without intervention of our Internal Support team or Workfront's help desk.

Some reports are beginning to take a lot of time but this is not affecting the general performance of the system. We have approximately 2000 active users and Workfront is working just fine for everyone.

They are really helpful. They are experts in their product and they will immediately identify when you go to them with a question, a bug or an enhancement request. Also, they will share their best practices or new ways to do things.

Their first level of support is really good when handling questions or minor incidents. When you report a bug it can take a long time for them to get it fixed. If you request a new functionality you may never get an answer.

Yes, we were using three different tools. The user experience and functionality was amazing, so we decided to switch

It is as complex as you need it to be. In our case we have lots of projects and we want to measure so many things that it took quite a while to configure, but in the end it was great.

We had some intense consulting sessions with Workfront, but we did it ourselves. We deployed in two phases, the first one was handled by the PMO and then they walked us through the second phase.

I was not involved with the financials of this so I wouldn't really be able to tell. Users in the company have been really happy with this system.

When I got here they had already decided to switch to Workfront and I am not really sure what the other options were. I believe they were considering Remedy.

What other advice do I have?

Workfront is really good for Project Management. They have another section for "Requests" which is intended to be used for handling Help Desk tickets but this part lacks functionality. There are no categories, no SLA, no Priority based on Urgency and Impact.