Workfront Review

We now have several areas using it, helping us with assigning tasks and tracking work. However, the UI should permit more customization.

Valuable Features

The reporting is great and having all projects in one place has made looking at what is going on in the company much easier.

Improvements to My Organization

We now have several areas using the tool and since many of us work across departments it makes assigning tasks and tracking work very easy and quick.

Room for Improvement

More customization of the user interface would be nice. It would be nice to have the ability to create requirements documents and other commonly used documents for managing projects directly in the tool. Otherwise it functions great.

Use of Solution

over 1 year

From a system standpoint no, the consultant was great. Internally yes, the users that started out did not go through all of the training which made it difficult to get everyone up and running on the same page initially.

None. The system vary rarely is inaccessible and if it is, it is very short lived. Their webiste has some great tools to see if there are issues and privde updates to them.

None. We are still scaling up and adding other division from the company globally. When we implemented the consultant made sure we designed and built it with that in mind.

Outstanding. I get replies usually the same day. They are always availabel and friendly when we call, which is not very often at all.

Outstanding. I get replies usually the same day. They are always willing to help out, offer solutions and jump in to find the best approach for your organization.

Complex, but that was self-inflicted. Some areas using the tool wanted to much depth and have since backed off a bit.

Implementation Team

A vendor team and in-house. We drove most of it since we support the users and wanted to be the subject matter experts.

ROI

We did not measure it.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Over plan, you think you know how many will use it, but it will grow or others will want more capability that you initially thought.

Other Solutions Considered

We did, but I do not remember the names of the other tools. Workfront (AtTask back then) was far above the other tools we looked at at the time.

Other Advice

It is a great tool and functions well across an organization. We have many different departments using it and all really enjoy and benefit from it.