Workfront Review

Centralised communication and document storage has helped improve efficiency, and post-project reporting has helped refine processes, although reporting using charts could be improved.

What is most valuable?

Great software that is customisable and easy to use.

Regularly updated with new or improved features.

It is extremely easy to use, and the ability to create custom fields and forms enables me to track the metrics that matter to me.

Great customer support.

How has it helped my organization?

We have developed an end-to end workflow from client request for scoping, to raising SOWs, to project delivery and post-project reporting.

Visibility of project progress has been dramatically improved across teams. Centralised communication and document storage has helped improve efficiency, and post-project reporting has helped refine processes.

What needs improvement?

Reporting using charts could be improved - I currently export a few complex reports to Excel in order to create the charts that I need.

Responsiveness of the website could be better at times, but a new data centre should be online soon and should help.

15 months

We had an onsite consultant oversee deployment for three weeks, and this was very successful. I recommend process mapping prior to setting up the system.

No, we did not encounter any issues with stability. Once or twice there have been issues, but over an 18 month period this is better than expected.

No, we did not encounter any issues with scalability. We have expanded from 50 to 80 users in EMEA, but have 600 globally.

We have Platinum support, and are very well looked after. Our customer service representative is very friendly and amenable.

We have Platinum support, and are very well looked after. I have a weekly call booked with support to pick any ongoing issues, as well as being able log issues as they occur.

We had no previous solution. We were using Google spreadsheets, and as we grew a solution like this became necessary.

Initial set up was fairly complex as we have users with many different roles and were keen to set it up to lead to the most efficient processes possible.

We implemented through a vendor team, and our onsite consultant was both knowledgeable and very friendly. He was with us for three weeks.

Improved efficiency and visibility across different service teams leads to less time spent per piece of work. Savings vary across teams but average around 15%.

The pricing is not cheap, comprising a per user licence fee as well as al the set up and training costs - but is fair especially with discounts applied.

Before choosing to go with Workfront as our work management solution, we evaluated other options - namely Traffic Live by Sohnar and Basecamp.

What other advice do I have?

No. I do not have any additional comments or advice regarding this solution, other than I recommend the Workfront as a great solution.

More Workfront reviews from users