WorkFusion Review

Its ability to scale across multiple geographies with limited impact on additional IT Hardware requirements has enabled the scaling of Robotics capabilities

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for desktop automation for smaller solutions that stand outside the development on the core operating systems.

We also use it for building robotics capabilities and skills in all of our geographies across fourteen countries in Africa.

Automations have been done over several operating environments and include solutions in the following areas.

1. Operations

2. Compliance and Risk (Regulation driven requirements)

3. Credit solutions and integration with decision systems

The primary focus is delivering solutions that enable better customer experience.

How has it helped my organization?

WorkFusion's SPA capability, although powerful, is somewhat restrictive as it requires a considerable infrastructure investment and would require considerable network and bandwidth capabilities to function from a central site without the deployment of local instances.

Their proposed Cloud solution should resolve many of these issues and enable multiple geographic areas to benefit from the solution's capabilities.

Their RPA Express solution is free and provides a way to expand the Robotics footprint.

What is most valuable?

WorkFusion's RPA Express's ability to scale across multiple geographies with limited impact on additional IT Hardware requirements. This has enabled the scaling of Robotics capabilities and solutions across all our entities.

The RPA Express solution is a free addition to the current Enterprise Agreement the Group has with WorkFusion and provides an excellent entry point into Robotics for new "Intelligent Automation Practitioners".

Training has been standardized and formalized Academies have been set up.

What needs improvement?

The product needs to be "simple and easy" to use.

A good example of this is the use of Python code to perform automations. It is free and the skills transfer is able to happen quickly and the operation and initiation of the completed automation are easy to execute.

The primary focus of the Robotics Process Automation software should be to enable business users to perform "codeless" automations that will still fall within the strict governance and compliance structures within which we are required to operate.

We have been using WorkFusion for 24+ months.

A formal training programme has been initiated with the objective to create an Academy.

The Group has built up a sound knowledge and experience base with the technology.

The SPA is not so good.

RPA Express is very good.

This expertise has grown considerably and continues to do so.

We also do use Python to develop automation solutions.

Setup - Unable to comment

Support - Support has grown and continues to expand

We implemented using both an in-house team and a vendor team.

The Vendor Team is very proficient.

These is primary drivers that will determine the selection of a solution as there are currently huge pressures on overheads given the decrease in revenue following Covid-19.

We are currently reviewing alternative, scalable solutions.

What other advice do I have?

• Simple to use (business user, not IT reliant)
  • Cost-effective
  • Easy to support and integrate with current IT Architecture

RPA Express
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company has an Enterprise Agreement with WorkFusion
More WorkFusion reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Learn what your peers think about WorkFusion. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.