WorkFusion Review

Good document recognition capabilities and helpful technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for automating processes, including reading data from documents.

What is most valuable?

This solution has great document recognition capabilities. It uses OCR and Machine Learning and works with digitized documents. It collects the fields inside the documents, based on the models that we trained with.

What needs improvement?

A better graphical user interface that allows business users to perform automation would make this solution number one in the market.

I would like to see improvements made with regard to tagging documents in the machine learning stage. They have an overlay document, which is great, but it would be helpful to be able to re-tag a document in a superior way.

I have been using this solution for one year.

The technical support for this solution is really fast and the people are really helpful. They provide the necessary information in a timely fashion and can connect remotely to solve issues. Overall, the support is great.

Speaking about implementing the entire business process, for a medium-sized implementation that includes document recognition and the RPA platform, it took three people about a month and a half. That started with collecting the requirements and ended with the final demo and acceptance.

I have evaluated other solutions on the market and have found that the document recognition experience with this solution is better. Some use OCR and others use machine learning, but there is no solution on the market with the capability where you can apply machine learning for a different type of document, and you can extract fields of your interest from it. This is a core feature of this solution.

Automation Anywhere and UiPath have better user interfaces, where it is quite obvious for anyone who is new to the programming world. It allows you to make business processes, some getting quite complex. WorkFusion has this as well, but it is quite limited. At the same time, complex business processes in production will always need some coding.

What other advice do I have?