WorkFusion Review

Has the technology to interface into systems where we didn't otherwise have an API but it would be better if it had automation without an interface

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case was very simple. It read information from a spreadsheet and captured that into a core processing system. The benefit was that this process was carried out hundreds of times every day, and took up to an hour each time, so the capacity saving was massive.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is having the technology to interface into systems where we didn't otherwise have an API or some other kind of service or access. The benefit is in creating solutions where we don't have a backend API to call.

What needs improvement?

Everything has room for improvement, and the product continues to evolve. One area of improvement would be the ability to run headless on their Express product. This would allow one to run the automation on their local machine, but still be able to work in other applications using mouse and keyboard while the automation runs headless in a minimized window in the background.

A single-server version of the product that will work for a mid-range mid-size company would also be good to see.

Finally, working in partnership with software companies like SAP to improve their interface interactions would be a good advantage.

I've been familiar with WorkFusion since 2015, so I have worked with it for almost five years.

The stability has been good. If there were problems, I'm not aware of them. We did have a team of guys looking after the servers and if they picked up any issues they would have dealt with them on-the-fly. I'm not aware of any issues at all.

We are quite happy with the scalability. To scale, it just requires more nodes to make for more bots. We have probably about 100 or 200 robots running. So there are over a hundred instances of automations running and they execute many thousands of times each. I'm sure we plan to increase usage even more and we are confident that we can.

The technical support was very good upfront and we have a good working relationship with the vendor.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. That may have been because we had the guys who built the system from Minsk come and do it for us. The initial installation took six months and that included doing a proof of concept.

WorkFusion worked with us directly on the implementation.

Pricing models are available online. Some vendors provide a free entry level solution to get you started.

Yes, we carried out a high-level RFI (Request for Information) / RFP (Request for Proposal) process with a number of the big vendors. After deliberation and measurement against our expectations, we picked WorkFusion.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for those thinking of implementing an RPA is that they start small and simple if they want to see if it works for their company. If it doesn't work as a small scale, investment in the long-term solution doesn't make sense.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate WorkFusion as a seven out of ten. It is not higher because they have got some work to do now. Other companies have caught up. They were the first ones to offer a free desktop automation product and the others will now need to follow suit. To stay ahead it is time for them to come up with the next innovation.