Workplace by Facebook Review

Helped us move from using an overly simple solution to a full communications package

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is basically for corporate communication.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us move from using an overly simple solution to a full communications package.

What is most valuable?

We use all of the product's features (e.g., posting, groups, collaboration, and surveys) and really they work together to provide the solution.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure that anything needs to be added. As far as things that could be improved, the biggest thing that we seem to have problems with is multi-party telephone conferencing. It works very well one-to-one but not very well one-to-many. Similarly, video conferencing works fine one-to-one with just two parties, but it' is difficult to bring in a third party. This problem with the video and call conferencing to multiple parties is probably the only problem I have with the product. With one or two people, it's fine. But as soon as we try to add a third location, we have to switch to a different tool and that is not very convenient.

We have been using Workplace for about a year.

Workplace is very stable. We have not had any issues with stability at all.

The product is very scalable. We just add more users as we need to. Right now we have about 1,300 users working with this solution in our company. There are various people doing various tasks and their roles can change. I'm confident in the scalability.

The technical support from Facebook is actually very good. The last issue that we contacted technical support for was probably about six months ago. Obviously, we don't have to use them often. The issue was also not a problem or a bug in the system, it was simply something we didn't know how to do. They were able to help us out pretty quickly.

Before using this solution we just used email. It seems that was rather rudimentary now because this is much more sophisticated.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. The deployment took about an hour to get up and running.

We did the implementation ourselves and we do it for clients. We are a partner and a reseller.

What other advice do I have?

For anyone considering Workplace it is very easy to deploy and anyone who can use Facebook can use this as well. The transition between any other tool that you may be using will be easy because if you have used Facebook, you can use Workplace.

The biggest lesson we have learned from working with a Workplace is that we should have made the change a lot earlier.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Workplace about a nine-and-a-half. The lone problem for us is really the limitation on video and call conferencing.