Worksoft Certify Review

By automating our scripts, we were able to do more comprehensive testing and therefore eliminate the number of defects that will be introduced into our environment.

What is most valuable?

Well, obviously it's the test automation piece of it. Creating our scripts and being able to execute our SAP scripts in order for us to be able to do comprehensive regression testing of our SAP system.

How has it helped my organization?

Well, it's definitely reduced the number of defects that we have. Before, when we were manually testing everything, it was unclear to us where changes that we were making, where the impacts were in our system. I mean, we've got very smart people that work here, but they were not 100% on where the impacts were going to occur with their changes.

By automating our scripts, we were able to do more comprehensive testing and therefore eliminate the number of defects that were be introduced into our environment.

What needs improvement?

There is an impact assessment piece to Worksoft. I think that's one of the pieces that we still struggle to use.

What the tool does is, you can analyze a transport to know where your impacts are. I think that's one of the challenges that we still have -- is just getting a better handle on how to use the Impact Assessment better for us.

In our regression testing, all that, we've got a pretty good handle on that. We identified things. When we run the analyze of a transport, we're not...we've found other ways to do things better.

Four years now.

No. It's been very, very reliable. The only issue, we've virtualized everything. I think the only thing, the only real issue we encountered was with our virtual machines. It was not a Worksoft issue.

It was on our side -- once we worked with our sys-admins to investigate what was going on, they were able to resurrect the issue and we were fine. It was not a Worksoft issue at all. It was something with our virtual environment.

It's been very scalable for us;

Depending on how many licenses, it's all seat licensed. It's not a concurrent license. If you don't have people logged in, more people can't use your licenses from your pool.

You assign those licenses out to people and as you continue to grow, like I was talking about with our virtual machines, we do everything in a virtual environment for all of our Worksoft work.

As we've needed more virtual machines, we've got an image of our Worksoft clients and we just add them into our environment.

3 out of 10 -- You submit an email, so there's not really a hotline that you can call to talk to somebody on the other end.

I had familiarity with several tools out there. Turnkey is probably one that you guys have looked at. I've done a lot with the quality center products in the past...Quicktest Pro.

There's other test automation tools out there. I've got a background with test automation and Worksoft...really it was between Worksoft and Turnkey. Worksoft, we just found ,was going to better meet our needs.

Yeah. That was actually pretty straightforward. When we set up our environment, they gave us a technical support person that really walked through with our system administration team to get everything set up in our environment.

As far as training, they have a very comprehensive training program. I'm sure it's all ... I'm sure it's very good. What we did and what helped us to be very successful is we went through and did live test cases as part of our training.

Instead of spending all the time going through the books and learning the tool in and out, we went through and we got right into creating our test automation with the trainer that they sent out. That hands on experience was, it was priceless. It helped us to be successful and get going with creating all of our test automation.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure...before you start any of your test automation, make sure you have the appropriate support from your business.

What I mean by that is, you have all of your business processes documented. There is a lot of prep work that goes into creating your test automation to make sure you're creating...you're creating your scripts in the most efficient manner. A lot of this testing is done based on your business process. You need to understand your business processes.

2 visitors found this review helpful