Worksoft Certify Review

It is easy to use and learn the application

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to automate their SAP and Web applications. We use Worksoft Certify for end-to-end regression and integration testing across our systems.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us to implement automation testing as part of most projects, so the need for manual testing can be reduced. This really accelerates the testing process as a whole. Before, where it could take ten days to test a project, now it takes only one or two days to do the complete testing. So, it helps us to reduce our testing timelines.

We no longer need ten people sitting and manually testing something. We can just have one person running the entire regression automation testing suite, and this has saved us dollars.

What is most valuable?

I have found Capture 2.0 helpful compared to Capture 1.0. It allows you to have access to all the screenshots when you use it so you see what steps you are capturing, and if you are capturing it right or not. It is very user-friendly.

It is easy to use and learn the application. For example, I have an intern who joined me three months ago. Today, she delivers the same number of scripts as my experienced developers with great quality.

What needs improvement?

One feature that could be added to Capture 2.0 is generating a PDF file from your capture, so you can see your screenshots and steps. This will really help teams leverage the documents generated as part of requirement/training.

Right now, when we do regression testing, we manually have to generate all the reports and populate all the results in HP ALM. We really are looking for a solution to have send all the results to HP ALM once Execution Manager completes the execution, then automatically logs them.

Our offshore teams experience a lag/delay when using the Worksoft interface. As of now we use VPN and Remote Desktop to help us with this issues, it was be great to see how much Certify 11 has improved in terms to offshore accessibility.

Every time there is a new release of Worksoft, they present it in a conference. However, there is no training document nor one point of solution where I one see what new changes/feature have been implemented, like a portal. If I don't know how to use a feature, there is no training nor documentation available. When you reach out for support, it takes time for them to research it and get back to us.

I would like more use cases or at least a weekly email update to all the customers saying, "These are new features which have been included in the last week." That would really help.

Three to five years.

Worksoft with SAP is pretty stable.

When it comes to the web, you need a lot of extra effort in making sure that the tests are maintained, but that is the nature of the web application. You have stuff that is changing all the time, so you have to ensure that you maintain your tests regularly.

We have learned the scalability part over time. We were very successful with SAP, but not very successful with the web. Over the period of about two years, we were able to prove to our company that we can use Worksoft for different type of applications. While there is a learning curve, it is all about trying things out and failing few times before you get a success.

I would rate the technical support as a seven out of ten. There is a delay in time zones when we reach out to them. The response is not as quick as we expect it to be with the other solutions that we have. There is definitely a delay in timing, as the speed is lacking.

The initial setup was easy. We had all the information and the requirements that we needed to do the prep work before doing the implementation.

We have Worksoft help us each time that we do an upgrade or implementation. Our  upgrades have gone smoothly.

An example of saving time and dollars: We had project going on that used to require manual testing. The first time that they did manual regression testing, we had a group of about 15 testers who sat in our office for a period of two weeks to do the testing. Now, when we have to regression testing with automation scripts ready in our Worksoft Certify, we do it in a day or two.

We looked at quite a few vendors and automation tools in the market. We chose Worksoft because of the ease of use and mentorship support they provide in making sure we were successful.

What other advice do I have?

For a new customer who is to implement Worksoft Certify, I would suggest 'Start the right way'. Have a Worksoft mentor come in and help you with your automation journey specific to your organization so you can have expert support until you become successful with it. Once you are successful, you'll know what to do. E.g., we had a team of interns who got trained and they tried to work with it, but it did not work. Then, we had Worksoft help us (after two years), and it worked.

My team and I do the regression testing. We are a team of three to four people. We are not working on just one project, we are working on five or six different projects.

What's next, well I hope we are able to present that next success story in next conference ;)