Worksoft Certify Review

It saves a number of dollars and man-hours

What is our primary use case?

We're using it to move manual tests over to automated tests to use on major programs and projects going on within the company. We are also moving to Dell EMC Embedded Boxes for an agile approach from a waterfall approach, and part of our new addition for 2019 after merging with a new company. Our role now is to automate as much as we can for usability.

We're doing mostly end-to-end testing scenarios. We use it on SAP and ServiceNow web services, along with SRM, CRM, and various applications.

How has it helped my organization?

We have an internal web portal, as well as an external. We did automation for it to do regression testing and build a test space.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its time saving. Once development is complete, the short time that it takes to execute a test is invaluable. It saves a number of dollars and man-hours.

The Capture 2.0 feature is very intuitive, useful, and user-friendly. You can do so much with it now, versus the older version.

What needs improvement?

We had a lot of issues with the optics changing because they're dynamic. We just recently learned they are already worked on fixing it.

Another feature that they are also working on is being able to export processes from one project and upload it to another project. Therefore, we can change our both structures within Worksoft. We prefer to run and set it up based on business use for separate projects. It's exciting to know that this is coming. We want to be able to move assets from project to another project without having to be in the same project or the same folder structure.

I would like the GUI to be more user-friendly and intuitive. E.g., previously, the buttons were gray. Now, they have color to them and are fun for the user. It also makes them easier to identify.

More than five years.

It is very stable. For example, we used it with ServiceNow. We did automation all last year for an upgrade. Once they did the upgrade, we ran a test after the upgrade and everything was successful.

It is very scalable.

The technical support has been good, but sometimes there are little delays. A lot of times when we need support, it's an emergency situation. However, we are able to reach out to our contacts, and they're able to expedite it, which has been very helpful.

Our upper management wanted to be able to do testing much quicker than what we're actually doing with the manual process. We had to research and find a tool which could provide value for the company.

We had QTP, which wasn't very user-friendly from a coding perspective. There was only a small group of people who could actually use the tool. With Worksoft, we were able to push it out to the business.

I set it up. I just followed the instructions. It was easily done.

We've saved over 80 percent in time savings.

Worksoft Certify was the only tool that we found in which you did not have to know coding or know how to script to create a test. It's more user-friendly, more intuitive, and we also have business users who are actually developing as we speak on major projects and programs.

Worksoft was able to come in on a PoC and actually do automation development on the fly. The previous vendors that I worked with for months, they never could do one test within our environment. Our environment is very complex. It has a lot of policies turned on and off, which is a challenge for a lot of vendors.

What other advice do I have?

Give them a chance, because you won't regret it.