Wrike Review

Flexible and easy-to-use but lacks real workflow support and tasks management feature

What is our primary use case?

We are using Wrike for defining tasks to move between different persons in our company and for managing the status of a task among different persons. We are a global company, and we use it for things like onboarding workers. We create tasks from the beginning of the process and move it from status to status. Each team gets a notification every time you change the status of a task.

What is most valuable?

It's a very easy-to-use and flexible tool. We can easily write and create queues for different themes. It's very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

On one side, it's very easy to create a task with text, but on the other side, it's not very well-formatted. Therefore, it's difficult to track specific data written in a task. We are making templates, but it's not enough to use a template to know the exact status of different tasks.

One thing that we are looking for in Wrike is a better workflow. Because we can only move the status of tasks, we can't really manage workflow and send a task to a specific person. This is what is really missing in Wrike as compared to other tools. We are looking to replace Wrike because we need support for workflow.

Another issue with Wrike is that they bring a lot of versions of the tool, which it's not so easy. They bring new versions very frequently, and these versions look similar. For example, we are using robots to read the tasks in the tools, which is problematic with Wrike because it is changing very frequently.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is stable most of the time. Sometimes, there is a problem with response time, but it's mostly stable.

It is easy to scale and expand. We have about 30 users in our company who use this tool on a daily basis.

We have contacted technical support, and we get the answers by email. It was okay. We get the answers very quickly from technical support.

We are also using Trello, which is a very similar tool. We are using Trello on a smaller scale than Wrike. It's a free tool, and we are using the free version of Trello.

Wrike is an enterprise tool, and it has more features than Trello.

The initial setup was simple. It took two weeks to create all the templates and so on.

We implemented it ourselves. We don't use external help for this kind of tool. The maintenance of Wrike is automatic.

Wrike is not so expensive, but I don't know exactly how it compares with other tools. Wrike might not be so cheap when we are using it for a lot of users.

What other advice do I have?

You have a lot of tools with the same kind of functionality in the market. You should exactly define the precise requirement that you need from the tool and also think a few steps ahead in terms of the needs of the company in a few years.

It is not enough to see the present specific requirements because sometimes, the solution we choose is not enough to grow. It's not easy to change from one solution to the other. These tools look very simple, but you have to think about what exactly you want to manage within the tool.

I would rate Wrike a seven out of ten. We are looking for real workflow support and management of tasks features.

Private Cloud

Other
More Wrike reviews from users
...who work at a Religious Institution
...who compared it with Trello
Find out what your peers are saying about Wrike, monday, Atlassian and others in Project Management Software. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.