Wrike Review
We were using Excel and Word to track our projects. We needed to switch because these weren't scalable or effective.

Valuable Features

Task Function
  • It's easy to create, assign and monitor tasks. Wrike has excellent in-task communication and collaboration features. I also found the integration with Gantt Chart or Table/Excel schedule to be excellent.

Folder Structure for Project File Management

• It's intuitive and easy to use. The interface mirrors the basic Windows interface so it's easily learned by any team member. The copy function is also very useful.

Wrike Knowledge Base & Customer Support

• They have an excellent range of training documents and videos. Additionally, their live chat was phenomenal!

Improvements to My Organization

Using Wrike improved the way our organization functions in several ways:
  • It provides a single repository for all projects, inter and intra-team collaboration on projects, ability to reallocate resources across projects in a more agile manner, it gives project management more visibility and "Democratizes" project management by making the tools so easy to use that team members take more ownership of project tasks.

Room for Improvement

When it comes to room for improvement, making the Gannt Charts more printer friendly would be ideal.

Use of Solution

I used Wrike for about 12-18 months at my last employer.

We didn't experience any issues with deployment.

We didn't experience any issues with stability.

We didn't experience any issues with scalability.

Customer Service: 10/10 - Excellent service. Could not ask for better.Technical Support: 10/10 - Excellent tech support. Could not ask for better.

Previously we were using Excel and Word documents to track our projects. We needed to switch because these weren't scalable or effective.

Absolutely straightforward. Very easy and straightforward.

Implementation Team

We implemented in house/self directed implementation.

ROI

We did not calculate ROI...but the product is so cost-effective I'm sure benefits far exceeded our costs.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We didn't have any set up costs for Wrike. The monthly license was $125.

Other Solutions Considered

Before choosing this product we also evaluated Basecamp and Microsoft Project.

Other Advice

Wrike virtually implements itself. The tools and features are so intuitive and easy to use, it's hard not to gain adoption. I would recommend getting a small project team to pilot it as a proof of concept. Wrike also has excellent documentation to encourage adoption from users and sponsorship from leadership/management.