WSO2 Identity Server Review

A comprehensive ecosystem but very difficult to setup and configure

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this product is to evaluate identity solutions for our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

Because I did not go on to adopt this solution, I can only say that it might be a good solution. The documentation and ecosystem were of high quality.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I found most valuable was the ecosystem. It is very comprehensive, and allowed me to find that components that I wanted to use. Other examples include the identity server and the API.

What needs improvement?

I found that the product was too large, and therefore difficult for people such as myself who only wanted to make use of a single function. I was interested in the identity server, alone.

I would like to see a simpler and faster installation and configuration process for making use of individual components.

Trial/evaluations only.

Judging from the completeness of the ecosystem and the quality of the documentation, I feel that this might be a good product. I just did not have enough time and patience to fully evaluate it.

I found the initial setup to be very complex, which is the main problem that I encountered. I had expected to configure the system in one or two days, but it took longer than I expected.

For example, I was looking for a particular setup, and used LDAP as instructed. However, I could not find where to make use of the API.

I did the implementation and testing of this solution myself. The testing and evaluation phase was approximately two weeks.

This, in fact, was the product that I evaluated. I eventually moved on to the solution that I use now.

What other advice do I have?

I tried the product but I found it very cumbersome, so I no longer use it. Time and simplicity were my primary concerns, so I moved on to a new solution.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.