Xamarin Platform Review

The cross platform ability is a great asset

What is our primary use case?

We develop Model X for sports and tourism and for Android and iPhone sport.

How has it helped my organization?

We have some projects on the sport-level worldwide, not only in Europe. One of our examining apps is the GDPR tool. We want to expand the GDPR tool to mobile apps for local sports and in other non-profit organizations. That's the reason why we want to develop mobile apps in the Xamarin Platform, so we can connect local organizations to sports, tourism, and non-profit organizations. That's our focus.

What is most valuable?

The Cross Platform is a great asset. We develop and then at the end, we publish other mobile apps to Android and to iPhone platforms. We develop stand-alone apps for Android and the iPhone and then transfer our development to Xamarin because it's much easier.

What needs improvement?

We need to think about partnering with IBM because there is a need for a big data partner; someone who has machine learning and can help us connect the app to big data.

The stability of this solution is fine.

I have not used tech support too much. In the beginning, we had some issues, but the support resolved the issues quickly.

The initial setup was easy.