XenApp (Citrix Virtual Apps) Review

I found the ease of deployment, scalability, and security to be to our benefit when supplying virtual applications to our clients.

What is our primary use case?

Remote workers/branch offices needed quick, reliable access to resources at the Corporate Data Center.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed us to provide network/application resources to anyone anywhere, no matter what kind of device the end user had, we were usually able to find a compatible Citrix receiver app.  That gave our user base flexibility to be anywhere and still be productive.

What is most valuable?

I found the ease of deployment, scalability, and security to be to our benefit when supplying virtual applications/resources to our clients.

What needs improvement?

Printing is huge, there are a lot of shortfalls with supporting printing over XenApp.  I know it isn't all a Citrix issue, Microsoft needs to do some work to get printing streamlined.

More than five years.

Very easy to scale, virtual servers can be stood up quickly on your virtual platform using Citrix PVS

No previous solution