XenApp Review
We are using this to allow our users to access applications over a secured, remote environment.

Valuable Features:

• Application virtualization
  • Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI)
  • Management and security using NetScalers

Improvements to My Organization:

We are using this to allow our users to access applications over a secured, remote environment. It has helped to reduce the outages in our IT infrastructure, especially during server maintenance.

Room for Improvement:

The solution needs some improvement to make it more flexible with an easier interface.

Use of Solution:

I have been working with this technology for over nine years.

Stability Issues:

Initially, we had some stability issues, such as slow logon for users and profile issues. All have been resolved and it is currently running smoothly.

Scalability Issues:

We did not have hot-production outages in the environment. When we deployed the products, we set up rigid environment monitoring which has helped us to reduce scalability issues.

Previous Solutions:

I never used a different solution as I started my career with XenApp. I later learned other Citrix products. So far, I am comfortable with them.

Initial Setup:

Initially, we built a pre-production environment to understand the challenges according to our requirements. We were able to overcome them.

Other Solutions Considered:

I did not evaluate other options.

Other Advice:

• During the implementation phase, understand the requirement and set up a sand box environment for testing and managing.
  • If all of the testing is successful, plan for production from scratch. Do not use your existing sandbox for production.