XenApp Review
We are using this to allow our users to access applications over a secured, remote environment.

What is most valuable?

• Application virtualization
  • Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI)
  • Management and security using NetScalers

How has it helped my organization?

We are using this to allow our users to access applications over a secured, remote environment. It has helped to reduce the outages in our IT infrastructure, especially during server maintenance.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs some improvement to make it more flexible with an easier interface.

I have been working with this technology for over nine years.

Initially, we had some stability issues, such as slow logon for users and profile issues. All have been resolved and it is currently running smoothly.

We did not have hot-production outages in the environment. When we deployed the products, we set up rigid environment monitoring which has helped us to reduce scalability issues.

I never used a different solution as I started my career with XenApp. I later learned other Citrix products. So far, I am comfortable with them.

Initially, we built a pre-production environment to understand the challenges according to our requirements. We were able to overcome them.

I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

• During the implementation phase, understand the requirement and set up a sand box environment for testing and managing.
  • If all of the testing is successful, plan for production from scratch. Do not use your existing sandbox for production.