XenDesktop Review
The most valuable feature of this product for me is that it provides secure access anywhere from any device.

Valuable Features

Improvements to My Organization

This product has improved my organization by provide access to the Intranet application and website over the internet over SSL from any device.

Room for Improvement

This product should include a feature like like App Volume, which their competitor already has.

Also, the Hypervisor needs to be improved.

Use of Solution

I have been working with this product for the last four years. I have done many projects on Citrix XenDesktop.

I did not have any deployment issues. For a PoC, it is an easy one-day setup.

Technical support in India is awesome and are equipped with the required technical solutions.

Initial setup was straightforward. It's a single-server setup in a simple environment and can be scalable at any point of time.

ROI

ROI is always a challenge for VDI if the number of users is less than 200. It all depends upon the organisational requirement.

Other Solutions Considered

In comparison to Citrix XenDesktop, VMware Horizon is a very good product. However, some features such as Sharefile and Netscaler complete the Citrix story.

Other Advice

Go for this product without any thinking. If you are looking for security and a single point of management, then go with this product.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a global distributor for Citrix.
1 visitor found this review helpful

1 Comment

Fazal Ur Rehman ShahConsultantTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Accessibility of provisioned resources using any device is a major feature of XenDesktop.

04 January 17