XenDesktop Review

It is easy to make changes with the product. Document control protects our IP.

Valuable Features

The following are the product's most valuable features to me:

• Quick provisioning: It is easy to make changes and see them reflected throughout the organization.
  • Document control: Enabling users to copy a company document to their hard drive or flash memory really protects our IP.

Improvements to My Organization

It has accelerated the process in which a new employee is given the necessary tools. We have contacted people in different countries that no longer have to wait for the central team to grant access to their PC in our environment. Assigning them a VDI user allows them to start right away.

Room for Improvement

In general, I'm really pleased with Citrix. What sometimes is an issue is when an application is not compatible with the server's OS, but that is out of Citrix´s hands.

Use of Solution

I have used this solution for one year.

I have not encountered any issues with scalability. It actually is a strong point in its favor.

I rate technical support 10/10. They are really interested in understanding your architecture and providing solutions.

Implementation Team

Citrix Mexico helped us understand some issues, but mostly it was developed in-house.

ROI

The ROI in our case is really difficult to quantify. I focus on the non-measurable advantages: IP protection, access from any device, and storage of data in high-availability data centers, no data loss.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Unlike MS, many vendors haven’t considered VDI licensing, so this might represent an opportunity to save on licensing costs, because you're actually installing it on only one device (the application server).

Other Advice

Redundancy is a must. After that, ensuring that all your users will access it through a high-speed internet connection will be a key success factor.