XenMobile Review

Provides us with faster communication, but Securing ActiveSync without using a Netscaler would be an improvement.

What is most valuable?

Receiving corporate email, contacts, and calendar. The ability to lock down and secure the device, and the ability to support iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.

How has it helped my organization?

This product provides our organization with faster communication with the ability to answer emails from a mobile device rather than having to access Outlook on a laptop or desktop.

What needs improvement?

Securing ActiveSync without using a Netscaler.

2 years and 6 months.

There have not been any issues with deploying this solution. However we have encountered when a user restores an iOS device either for a new iPhone or existing, the XenMobile profiles have to be deleted and the phone has to be setup again using Worx Home.

We have not encountered any issues with stability. But we have seen battery life is slightly drained faster.

We have not encountered any issues with scalability.

10/10.

10/10.

The initial setup has always been very straightforward and easy to install updates.

We did the implementation in-house.

For BYOD we charged users $50.00 to counter the price of the product and license cost. Also faster communication has added to ROI.

The original setup cost was $1,800.00 plus a new license every year. Day-to-day costs include offsite server and storage.

Yes, we did evaluate other options based off of Gartner reports and off of managements previous used products.

What other advice do I have?

Test, test, test and understand how iOS and Android work at an operating system level. Also create good documentation with screenshots to help the users enroll themselves, empower the users.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Yes, we also use Citrix desktop mainly for our ERP system (AX 2009).

1 visitor found this review helpful