XenServer Review
XenServer Free Virtualization Platform is one of the most full-featured free hypervisors available.

Valuable Features:

XenServer Free Virtualization Platform is one of the most full-featured free systems available. It's main advantage over the free VMware ESXi hypervisor is that the management applications is Windows-based and free for download. This for me is the main reason why we have adopted it and in production use for the last three (3) years.Overall, XenServer Free edition is easy to install and configure. It's dialogues are straight-forward and the Windows-based management application interface is also very effective. It gets the job done in a visual way and is really a great help for novice users of hypervisor systems.

Room for Improvement:

- New versions removed the option to automatically start a virtual machine on power-up. - Host OS consumes more memory than competing products. - No high-availability and clustering options I have been using the free XenServer product for the past three (3) years and I'm very satisfied with it.

Other Advice:

The product is free to download and use. It's also very easy to install and configure. The one good thing about this free and open source product is its very good management software. Other competing products only offer web-based management with limited features, unlike the feature set that XenCenter's management software has to offer.

1 Comment

kapilmalik1983ConsultantTOP REVIEWER

I want to install multiple similar Xen vms. I want to install only one VM and rest should be replica of first way. Could you please advise what is the best way to do that.

14 September 13