Yammer Review

Empowering environment, which needs a strategy. A sponsor, time and tenacity to transform the way we work successfully.

What is most valuable?

It is not about features, it is about empowerment. What I like is the easiness of engaging conversation with colleagues and management to help each other. I particularly like the simplicity to do this with customers and partners on external network in one click.

How has it helped my organization?

People share expertise and find solution faster while they are feeling to be part of the same team even if they work in different geo

What needs improvement?

Manageability and customization

1 year

Governance issues

Light bug and one outage.

Good through YCN, but sometimes I got frustrated by translation issue

Didn't need it yet.

Yes, SharePoint. No engagement were done, it was to complex not enough user friendly, to focus on documents and not on people

Very simple

Internal. Our IT especially because it is connected to our O365 environment.

I would say you need a person full time for initialization and governance and training for a month. But we didn't do it that way. It was the job from someone 2h per day during 2 months. We found somebody motivated and with a good spirit who was able to understand people jobs.

SharePoint 2013

What other advice do I have?

Talk to business to understand how it can help them, get an executive sponsor (the higher is the better), be open for discussion as there will be a lot of skepticism and opponents essentially around two subjects: "Email is prime and I don't want a new channel of information" and "I'm not used to social spirit and tools." What is key: find what use they will love.

More Yammer reviews from users