Yammer Review

Allows cross-functional discussions across business groups.

What is most valuable?

• IM
  • Groups
  • Mobile applications
  • Integration with Office
  • Notifications

How has it helped my organization?

The product has allowed cross-functional discussions across every business group throughout the company. There was very little communication across business units prior to deployment. It is easy to find experts in a particular subject matter with a simple post to a group or to the company-wide group.

What needs improvement?

• Asynchronous, persistent chats
  • Search capability
  • Tighter integration with Outlook (i.e., be able to post directly to Yammer groups from Outlook)

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

We previously used Chatter from Salesforce. We switched because the company was deploying Office 365 and it made more sense strategically to fully leverage Yammer instead. There were a smaller number of users on Chatter versus Yammer.

The user account setup is not automatic as a person activates Office 365. I was not involved in the setup of the environment.

What other advice do I have?

This is an excellent choice if you have made the investment into Office 365. Announcement of teams should offer even better functionality. If you are not an Office 365 shop, then there are probably better options (i.e., Slack, Facebook for Work).

More Yammer reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft Teams
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Facebook, Salesforce and others in Enterprise Social Software. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.