Yammer Review

Allows communication with a global audience. I would like to see more functionality and more integration with other solutions.

What is most valuable?

Communication. We are able to communicate and keep in touch with a global audience.

As a global company, we have IT staff and users around the world. If we need to communicate a message or just make other people aware of an outage or other important information, the easiest way is to post it on yammer. Not only will they get an email about a new post, but if they
have it installed on a mobile device, they will also get a notification.

How has it helped my organization?

It only allows for global communication, but that requires people to use it as well

What needs improvement?

Microsoft has to decide what to do with this product for the business. Without every business committing to 365, Yammer is a separate application and does not tie into Skype for Business or SharePoint 2013 and previous versions.

If MS could somehow incorporate Yammer to SharePoint and Skype for Business, then it would have a lot more uses and be easier for users to take advantage of.

Yammer is very basic. They have made very minor improvements to it. It does not hold up when comparing it to what other social media apps can do. Using it for a business without all of the other functionality really limits what you can do with it.

MS made us plenty of promises for Yammer and have not delivered. There is a good chance we will be done using it before the year is up.

We have been using this solution for about two years.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

It is typical Microsoft support, i.e, not very helpful.

We currently use SharePoint. However, the two apps are not tied together.

The installation was straightforward.

Read the fine print. That goes for all MS licensing for an enterprise.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great communication tool, but if you have too many ways to communicate, then this may be a burden. It is also difficult with users who are already using Facebook, LinkedIn, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Twitter, etc.