Yammer Review

Has the ability to collaborate via group pages/sites. It needs better integration with other products.

What is most valuable?

Yammer's group page functionality is useful for large groups to collaborate instantaneously. It's very easy to set up group pages.

How has it helped my organization?

In a prior organization, Yammer was in the process of being piloted across our department. The ability to collaborate via group pages/sites was something people liked.

What needs improvement?

• Yammer's integration into the Microsoft Office 365 product suite was not yet in place when we were piloting the product.
  • It needs better integration with other Office 365 products. They only just released the integration this March.
  • They should add more "Slack-like" features. Although they are different products, most people in the development community need Slack and they don't need Yammer.
  • For large organizations, Yammer could work well.
  • The notification features on the web app were confusing and lacking.
  • The mobile app is a much better UI/UX design between the two.

I have been using Yammer for one year.

We did not have any stability issues.

The lack of integration into the Microsoft Office 365 made it difficult to champion throughout the organization. Yammer was being introduced into an environment where collaboration was difficult to find.

The Office 365 Roadmap blog was a good place to find details on what was going to be included in the future releases.

We didn’t have anything previous to this solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. The Yammer web app was simple to log into with Office 365 login credentials. The mobile app was better, but was being rolled out later.

Make sure that you have at least 1000 licenses so you have a large enough user group to pilot the product.

The pricing is reasonable as it's a part of the Microsoft Office 365 product suite.

We evaluated Slack, which had different use cases than Yammer.

What other advice do I have?