Yammer Review

The most valuable feature is the mobile app. Integration with other products is still weak.

What is most valuable?

Most valuable to me is the simplicity of the Yammer mobile app. I can check notifications and replies on the run

How has it helped my organization?

If someone needs to communicate with 50 people at the same and create collaboration about certain topic, he doesn't need to send communication to everyone in his inbox. Rather, he just needs one Yammer post and everyone will see it and interact accordingly.

What needs improvement?

Integration with other Office 365 products is still weak, because Yammer initially wasn't a Microsoft product. They bought it from a third-party.

I have been using Yammer for three years.

We have not had stability issues.

We have not had scalability issues.

I would give technical support a rating of 8/10. It is Microsoft support.

We were using a different solution named Beezy. It was based on the SharePoint on-premises solution. It wasn't responsive with mobiles and its scalability was weak.

The initial setup was straightforward. Even after we enabled Office 365 Single Sign-on with ADFS to enhance authentication, it was nice and straightforward. Not many complexities.

I consider Yammer to be the best business collaborative tool. If you want to try it, I advise using the free license for around one year and decide if you want to continue with it or not.

We evaluated the new version of Beezy and the social micro-blogging feature in SharePoint 2013. Both are very far from Yammer.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a business collaborative tool, start with Yammer today.