Yammer Review

We can reach engage with co-workers in a less corporate structure.

What is most valuable?

Reaching and engaging with co-workers in a less corporate structure.

How has it helped my organization?

Co-workers feel comfortable creating groups for collaboration, communication, and non-work related, personable groups. It has also increased confidence, interpersonal relationships, and overall communication and engagement.

What needs improvement?

Being able to edit a post after it has posted.

When a user creates a post, it goes into a group or the main global feed. Once that post has been posted, you cannot edit the post to change it. For example, if I wrote, “New Project coming soon” and realized after posting it that I misspelled a word, I cannot edit my post to change it to. “New Project Coming Soon”.

Being able to move a post to a different group after it has posted.

When a user posts something in a group, they cannot change what group it is posted to. For example, if I posted “Check out the new tasks list” in the main global Yammer feed, but then after posting it I realize di meant tp post it into a different Group, I cannot move that post to a different Yammer group.

I have used Yammer for four years.

The only stability issue was in regards to getting the web part to display correctly.

We have had no scalability issues.

Technical support specifically gets a fair rating. Technical support through Yammer groups is good, but you have to do a lot of sorting and sifting.

We did not have a previous solution.

The initial setup of the front-end was straightforward.

We didn’t evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Have a Yam Jam or other type of exciting event to get user adoption rates up with give aways or other special incentives for signing up, posting, and adding information.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a partner.