Zabbix Review

Scales well, provides good visibility, and the alarm monitoring is helpful

What is our primary use case?

I was using Zabbix as a monitoring tool at my previous job, although I have left that company and am no longer using this type of product. We were using it for monitoring routers and a few thousand other devices. We had visibility as to their status.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the alert and alarm monitoring.

What needs improvement?

If Zabbix had a better dashboard then it would be nice.

I had been working with Zabbix for three years.

The stability is very good.

We had between 20 and 30 users and more than 2,000 devices.

I have not personally been in contact with technical support.

Prior to using Zabbix, we used Nagios. We switched because it became unstable and clumsy when we grew to have more than 2,000 devices. Zabbix was much better in terms of scalability.

I don't recall all of the details related to the initial setup, although I remember that it was not quite easy. We had to conduct quite a few searches on Google during the process in order to properly understand how to install it. If I remember correctly, there were a couple of errors.

We had two engineers who were responsible for maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I think that Zabbix is an awesome tool and I would use it again, rather than another one. For us, Nagios was a disaster and Zabbix was the savior. We didn't require any functionality that it didn't already have. My only complaint is that the dashboard needs to be improved.

More Zabbix reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Nagios Core
Learn what your peers think about Zabbix. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.