Zabbix Review

Makes it much easier for us to provide the customizations that customers want

What is our primary use case?

Our customers like Zabbix because it's an open-source tool, but integration with other tools is not that easy. The company that I work for employs talented people and a good integration team who can get the end-to-end implementation and integration done properly.

Zabbix is basically network monitoring software. Often, we are working with various solutions that we are attempting to integrate with Zabbix, and at the same time, we're trying to integrate a couple of bots to take automation to the next level.

What is most valuable?

Because Zabbix is an open-source tool, it makes it much easier for us to provide the customizations that customers want nowadays. The best thing about Zabbix is the integration and the speed of the included APIs, that's the beauty of this product. It's an enterprise-level tool that allows you to monitor it with a number of devices and hosts. The integration capabilities and APIs are the best part.

What needs improvement?

Currently, we're looking for more AI and ML related capabilities, which is missing from Zabbix at this point in time. There are tools out there with plenty of AI and ML capabilities and this is something that Zabbix needs to come out with. That would make this a great solution to sell. Essentially, they are trying to achieve automation by introducing external RP bots. If Zabbix could fix this issue, it would be a fabulous solution for us to sell and for companies to use.

We have been using this solution for three years.

Currently, we have a support agreement with technical support, and we're happy with it. We have taken up a paid service on support models with them as a partner, but lately, our own developers have been solving any issues. So, for slightly over six months, we have not contacted Zabbit for support.

The setup was free and because we use multiple tools, it was very easy for us. We had some teething issues, but the community is very good and helped us with that. The Zabbix community is very reliable and is quick to supply you with information when needed.
The online support that we received from the community was very good and the KD was good enough for us to get it deployed. We didn't experience many challenges because we already had some concrete knowledge surrounding it.

Deployment depends on the setup; I believe we had it installed in two days. Our customization depended on what level we were taking it to. We did all of the integrations and customizations ourselves, as required, but I believe we finished the base implementation within two days.

We have about 10 engineers, three to four of whom are certified on Zabbix and they take care of all maintenance related issues.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to anyone interested in enterprise-level monitoring and integration. The only improvement I would suggest revolves around its AI and ML capabilities. Those are the only problems, at this point in time, that I see with this solution. If these issues are addressed and included in a future release, then this will be an end-to-end, fabulous product for monitoring and automation.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Zabbix a rating of nine, simply because the world is rapidly progressing toward an AI and ML environment. Whenever you check out a new product, from Moonsoft for example, most of the marketplace jargon revolves around AI. So, when we talk about AI, the customers are ready to just blindly buy the product without understanding if it is real AI and ML, truly capable of completing the task at hand. That's why we started using bots to automate steps; to show the customers that even Zabbix, as a solution, can be used for automation using bots. It's a tedious process, but it's a great method of comparison.

More Zabbix reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Nagios Core
Learn what your peers think about Zabbix. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.