Zabbix Review

A straightforward setup, stable, and offers flexible licensing

What is our primary use case?

The solution can be used to monitor both on-premises and cloud infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The flexible licensing model is one of the solution's most valuable aspects. It really allows for great flexibility for companies.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The NetFlow integration really could be improved upon. In general, integration with other solutions and services needs to be worked on.

The documentation could be improved. I find that it's a bit limited.

It runs on a Linux backend, and we're using it to monitor our Windows platforms. For people who are not familiar with Linux, there may be issues. You do need to have a bit of Linux knowledge before beginning, otherwise, you may have problems working with it.

We've been using the solution for two months at this point. It hasn't been a very long period of time.

The stability of the solution is good. It's reliable. There aren't glitches or bugs. It doesn't crash or freeze. We haven't had any issues.

The scalability is quite good. If you need to scale the solution up, you can do so. It's pretty straightforward. We haven't had any issues so far.

In our organization, we have about 1,600 users on the product.

We most likely will increase usage in the future.

We've used technical support in the past. They have different platforms that handle requests at different levels. The gold platform, for example, offers support but is slightly limited.

The initial setup isn't complex at all. It was very straightforward.

In terms of deployment, it takes about a day, however, you have to add in all the other items that you're monitoring. We deployed everything and then rolled it out over the course of a couple of weeks.

I handled the implementation myself. I didn't need to solicit the help of a vendor, consultant, or integrator.

The licensing is great on Zabbix. It's very flexible and great for various types of businesses.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Zabbix.

I'd recommend the solution. It's easy to use and it's been quite useful. New users do have to be pretty comfortable with Linux, however, otherwise, they may have a hard time adapting to the system.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten overall.

5.0.2
More Zabbix reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Nagios Core
Learn what your peers think about Zabbix. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.