Zabbix Review

Open-source, easy to implement, and the dashboard is customizable

What is our primary use case?

We have two Zabbix servers, deployed locally and in our New York datacenter, and we use them for monitoring traffic. It is an order processing system and we need to schedule and monitor our infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

Zabbix is very easy to implement.

The interface is customizable, so we can create the dashboard that we need.

What needs improvement?

We need to set it up step by step in order to ensure that it is stable and works properly.

If you want to use all of the features then you have to pay a licensing fee.

I have been using Zabbix for approximately one year.

We use Zabbix on a daily basis and we haven't had any issues with stability.

We have not needed to expand it because our infrastructure is very small. It includes a server and some VMs.

When we have a problem, we search the web site for how to resolve it. We have never had an issue that necessitated contacting technical support.

In my last job, I worked with Nagios. I found that Zabbix is a good system for monitoring and it is easier to implement, and it is also less expensive.

The initial setup is easy to do. It involves implementing agents in the server, but it is not difficult.

We implemented it with our in-house team that is also responsible for maintenance. This includes updates to the product. There is a team of three administrators who manage it.

Zabbix is free but if you use it in production then you have to pay for it. It is not expensive if you compare it to something like the Amazon monitoring system.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a great tool and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

More Zabbix reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Nagios Core
Learn what your peers think about Zabbix. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.
1 Comment

author avatarDavid Collier
Top 5LeaderboardReseller

Hi,

Can you clarify what you mean with  "Zabbix is free but if you use it in production then you have to pay
for it. It is not expensive if you compare it to something like the
Amazon monitoring system. Also, it is an open-source product, although some features are available at an extra cost."

Apologies for being so blunt, but Zabbix is TOTALLY open-source. There are no additional fees for licensing or additional features.