Zabbix Review

Free to use with good functionality and good stability

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this solution in some of our different monitoring systems, including our different servers, and applications. We use it for the maintenance of the main server in the laboratory.

What is most valuable?

The ability to connect with monitoring is very useful for us. It's great that we can monitor different applications. We can even monitor remotely.

I recently tested the solution's ability to hold up to rebooting machines remotely and we were able to do so with ease.

There are lots of great features and functionality within the solution.

So far, we've found the solution to be quite stable.

The product has a large community and therefore has lots of documentation around various aspects of the product.

What needs improvement?

I don't recall coming across missing features. It's a fairly complete solution.

The user interface could be a bit better. They could update it a bit.

The solution offers very good stability. It doesn't have bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze on us. It's been reliable from the very start.

I have never tried to scale the solution. I can't speak to its level of scalability.

However, it is my hope that it is. It's important to be able to scale it.

We only currently have 10 people on the solution. It's a small group and therefore we haven't yet had a need to expand it.

While I haven't ever actually reached out to technical support, I'd say that it would important to have access. If there was a question the community couldn't answer it would be nice to know if we could turn to Zabbix directly for assistance.

We did previously use a different solution prior to Zabbix. It was a suite of applications that included, for example, DLP and myShell. I haven't used it in a very long time, so I can't speak too much about my experience with it or how it compares.

The initial setup isn't overly complex. It's largely straightforward.

There's also a fairly sizable community around the solution and there's just so much documentation and insights from other users you have access to, therefore it's very easy to find answers to your questions when it comes to implementation.

We use a free community version of the solution. We don't have to pay for licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not really a user. I deploy the solution.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

More Zabbix reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Nagios Core
Learn what your peers think about Zabbix. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.