Zabbix Review

Lets us be proactive in eliminating problems with resource consumption

What is our primary use case?

We use Zabbix on-premises for monitoring our servers and calculating consumption of CPU, memory, and storage space. It's an important part of monitoring our environments and it shows us a lot of information about the health of our systems. And, in terms of performance, we also use it for actively getting rid of bottlenecks.

There are four IT staff members who use Zabbix regularly, including system administrators and the director of IT.

How has it helped my organization?

With Zabbix, we can be proactive in eliminating problems with over-consumption of resources, such as with memory, for example.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features in Zabbix are those that help us overcome bottlenecks in CPU usage, as well as reduce memory delay. I know that we have only reached the tip of the iceberg of what Zabbix's features can do for us, and we have not used all of them yet.

What needs improvement?

I think the reporting part of Zabbix can be improved in terms of more user-friendly graphics to display the collected data. Many simple users who don't know how to use Zabbix properly might get confused by the reporting, although at the same time it is very versatile for my company.

I've been using Zabbix for three years.

There have been no issues with stability.

We don't have much need to scale Zabbix, virtually or otherwise, or increase its usage beyond current levels, but I think it is simple to do.

We were previously using Nagios, but with Nagios the reporting features are very poor. If you want to improve on the reporting with Nagios, you have to construct other features and software on top of it, whereas Zabbix is more to the point and straightforward.

Zabbix's reporting isn't very good, either, in my opinion, but it's better compared to Nagios.

The setup was easy.

Regarding the installation of Zabbix, we did it by ourselves and it was easy enough. Our branch's environment is pretty simple and we don't have many complex requirements.

We were searching for an open source solution and Zabbix fit the bill because it is free and open source under the GPL license.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that the person who is responsible for implementing Zabbix in their environment should be familiar with Linux because then the process is more simple, efficient, and takes less time.

I would rate Zabbix an eight out of ten.

5.2.3
More Zabbix reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Nagios Core
Learn what your peers think about Zabbix. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.