What is most valuable?
As a marketer, the most valuable features are automation of the following:
- Content curation
- Client onboarding
- Gathering qualitative data using surveys
How has it helped my organization?
- We use it for social media curation, sales funneling, and client onboarding automation.
- We also use it to gather qualitative data from our audience via Typeform integration.
- Internally, it helps us with team productivity and collaboration.
- Curation of top articles for social media marketing has never been easy. Our team can now seamlessly collaborate using Pocket to Buffer integration. Through Zapier, we are able to vet all content before they get shared on social media platforms.
- As an SaaS business, client onboarding is a crucial part of our workflow. Zapier makes it a lot easier for us to create sales (Pipedrive) to CRM (Autopilot) integrations, as well as setting up the necessary push notifications (Slack), so all team members get constant updates about what’s happening.
- This allows the team to be more transparent and accountable as everyone knows who’s doing what and everyone is on the same page.
What needs improvement?
Some integration isn't available. I think the expansive list of software that they support just reflects Zapier’s commitment to doing great work.
Zapier has also been very proactive and they really listen to what their users want.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have been using Zapeir for seven months.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
I haven’t experienced major stability problems. There were a few instances when a trigger-action did not fire or there was a delay. During these instances, however, I would just retest the step and it was fine.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
Our database is not that large. So far, we haven’t encountered any scalability issues, even though we’re gradually scaling.
How is customer service and technical support?
I haven’t had the need to contact support, as the use of Zapier has been straightforward.
Which solutions did we use previously?
Zapier has been "top-of-mind" when an automation tool is mentioned.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup was very straightforward.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
We are a startup, so getting the starter plan was the most practical option for us.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We didn’t look at any alternatives.
What other advice do I have?
Zapier is a powerful tool. It’s really up to the users to maximize its capability and use it with as many Zapier hacks (for both marketers and developers) as possible.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
May 21 2017