What is most valuable?
- Using this tool, we can automate test cases even before the deployment of an application. This can be done by scanning objects from UI mock-ups or screenshots.
- One script multi-run technology reduces scripting effort and budget by which you can run one unique script to test multiple platforms.
- We can write one code and run it in multiple browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox anything) and operating systems (Android, Windows, anything).
- PDF validation, average colour validation, etc. are better and stable.
- We can literally automate anything (not necessarily web applications) using ZAPTEST as it works exactly as a human eye and doesn't dig into application codes.
- Partial OCR and block recognization are game changers.
- JIRA and ALM integration
How has it helped my organization?
Using another script automation tool, our scripter could only start his coding after the deployment of an application. This eliminates scope of system testing by automation. Using ZAPTEST, we can write our codes just after the functional docs are prepared, and we can straight away start testing the application in the system testing phase itself. This eliminates manual effort in testing life-cycle completely and also eliminates a separate automation script development phase and saves a lot of time and money.
What needs improvement?
- We cannot have more than one Object Repository for one test.
- Regular expression is not supported.
- Most of the data table operations are not supported.
For how long have I used the solution?
We've used it for two months.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
It deploys without issues.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
It's stable enough nowadays.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
We have no scalability issues.
How are customer service and technical support?
We received technical support directly from highest management, which includes Alex Chernyak and Anton Nosovitsky. 9/10
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
Our organization used HP Quick Test Professional as a test automation tool, and we jumped over to this tool as a POC initiative. ZAPTEST has its advantage over QTP/UFT in the following ways: As we can write codes before deployment, it saves a lot of time and billing hours.
How was the initial setup?
The initial set-up is not so straightforward, as it does not have similar ease of QTP/UFT utility functions. To make a framework, you need to keep in mind that ZAPTEST does not support descriptive programming or regular expressions in its current version.
What about the implementation team?
We work as a vendor team. Implementation requires a skilled person who has test automation experience for the initial set-up.
What was our ROI?
The ROI ought be high as it saves a lot of time and billing by eliminating a complete phase in the testing life cycle.
What other advice do I have?
Use this product if you have good, skilled workers to prepare the framework. Post implementation, show the guts to say good-bye to manual testers.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Nov 14 2016