Qbi1s dk 400x400

Zeenyx AscentialTest Review
Flexible Object recognition and snapshot integration for step creation.

Valuable Features

• Excellent Support for PowerBuilder Applications.
  • Excellent Test Result Tracking and Test Result Reporting.
  • Re-usability of steps user defined parts.
  • Flexible Object recognition and snapshot integration for step creation.
  • Excel integration was an important factor for my projects.

Improvements to My Organization

In conjunction with our team we have integrated Automated Regression in to our core Reinsurance Application to monitor expected results against nightly production and test environment results. As recently as this month the regression scripts identified some key issues in our key quarterly reporting. Invaluable. To give some idea of the complexity of our applications, our core Reinsurance application was developed as an in-house product but has been sold to five other major companies.

Room for Improvement

The ability to copy internal tables would be nice.

Use of Solution

2 years.

No issues.

No issues.

I am a 30+ year IT professional and the level of support I have gotten has been unparalleled. A special thanks to Brian Le Suer who has hand held myself and my team through the whole regression scripting process. We were all new to automated regression and Brian made the whole process easy and comfortable. It would not have gotten done without his support. A number of the functions we needed to complete were new approaches for Zeenyx Ascential and they always came back with an answer and solutions.

Excellent. All issues have always gotten resolved and the response time from all Ascential teams has been seamless.

No - we were hand held.

Implementation Team

In-house with Ascential Support.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes. We had looked a a HP solution but were not comfortable with the support they would seem to offer for PowerBuilder.

Other Advice

I have a lot more regression projects in the pipeline. With Ascential support at the level I currently receive I am very confident they will all be successful.

1 visitor found this review helpful
E9c3cbdb 6665 416c ab59 eae3524d2fe9 avatar

1 Comment

E9c3cbdb 6665 416c ab59 eae3524d2fe9 avatar

Yes the product is a complete solution for automation testing with its inbuilt test, data management and Reporting. With Test set feature, regression testing has been made very easy with reduced execution time.

Like (1)05 December 16
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Zeenyx AscentialTest?

Our experts can help. 238,917 professionals have used our research on 5,955 solutions.