Zeenyx AscentialTest Review

AT has got Unique features like snapshot technology, drag and drop. Easy to work and develop

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of AscentialTest is for automating Powerbuilder application. We have two environments (Dev and Prod) which points to different databases where we need to verify the expected data with actual data. These data's are huge and are present in excel format. Needed a single test framework which works across all the environment. AT perfectly suited for these kind of environment as a single object , step and test worked across both environment tests. AT has a very simple way of handling both the application tests.

How has it helped my organization?

We used AscentialTest tool for one of our clients, where we needed to automate their test cases where we had to compare two excel sheets which had huge data with respect to each cell.

The application was built on PowerBuilder application. By using AscentialTest, we were able to automate the test scenarios with ease as each and every element were supported by AT and also the powerful path statements helped in identifying the element and the support from the AT team was excellent and saved a lot of time and effort which was required by manual tester

Productivity increased by almost 10 times after using AT for test automation as manually it was taking almost a day or three days (sometimes a week) effort to do data verification of expected and actual excel files with huge no of columns and rows (Approx 50 columns and 1000's of rows)

What is most valuable?

Almost all the features are very good. They have unique features: the snapshot technology, and the drag and drop. By using the above two features, you save a lot of time and effort in development and maintenance. There are some more features which are unique, render image and rendertext concept did help us to identify the element uniquely.

What needs improvement?

The product can be improved a little bit with regards to the UI as the panels are too many. This is the area where I feel improvement is needed.

AT , everything we develop is reusable and with the snapshot technology we can easily find the changes of the element with screenshots, hence the stability on the project is high and very high indeed.

It can be scaled 10 out of 10 for the application we have worked on as we all know Object identification is the heart of test automation and AT has identified each and every element on this application. Hence scalability is 10 from my end.

It was excellent in all ways from simple to complex solutions. Impressed!

We started with ascentialtest and it perfectly suited for our application.

Very easy and it is staright forward!

Vendor team, The level of expertise is next to the prodcut owners.

ROI was generated within the first year as we developed the test cases within a short period of time. Months effort was brought to few days effort.

Setup is easy and at zero cost. Just like a standard installer click on next next and AT is set up for you.

Pricing is comparatively okay for the development time it saves and the maintenance effort which is reduced drastically because of the tool features.

Licensing it's a floating and it works good for the organization.

NA

What other advice do I have?

AT stands out as best test automation tool for powerbuilder application for sure !

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I work for Matryxsoft , from here we work for our client .
1 visitor found this review helpful