Zend PHP Engine Review

Provides a complete environment for PHP development, but can be difficult to scale

How has it helped my organization?

The cache modules that Zend provides have been able to optimize and accelerate the loading of the pages when there was exponential growth in data volume and quantity of requests. At the same time, the monitoring console allowed us to have a real-time understanding of the resources and to make decisions when they were at the limit.

What is most valuable?

Offers a complete environment to develop PHP applications. It is valuable because it allows you to have a complete stack (PHP, MySQL, Zend Server) enabling the building of a development environment, and to deploy to the production system.

Finally, it provides real-time monitoring of the application, which is very useful for tracking the performance as well as the resources that are being used. Having a monitoring console allows you to anticipate problems, when there are many who are consuming resources.

What needs improvement?

The process of installing and configuring the product is a bit complex and could be improved.

When there were many concurrent connections, the page presented latency problems in terms of loading.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the product at seven out of 10 because, although it offers a complete environment to develop and deploy PHP applications, it has some limitations. For example, when the volume of data increased exponentially, I had problems scaling the system. And if you do not have enough knowledge of the product, the initial configuration itself can be difficult.

Although, of course, I know about AWS and we have worked with AWS, we have not done so in an implementation with this product.

Take a complete look at the manuals and documentation before starting to configure the server, to help avoid performance issues.

1 visitor found this review helpful