Zendesk Review

Its customizable features, sandbox, documentation and support are great, but the look and feel could use more polish

What is most valuable?

Customizable features, sandbox, documentation, support

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to get up and running with Zendesk in a very short time. While our IT department uses Zendesk for it's internal ticket handling, my team uses Zendesk to integrate with a web app on a project for a client. We're able to build a robust web app including help desk functionality that makes the product owner and client very happy.

What needs improvement?

The look and feel could use a little more polish. The way information is presented in the admin console is a bit unorthodox and hard to get used to.

Three months

We initially tried Desk.com but their documentation was not accurate and their API was buggy.

It was mostly straightforward initially. Once you get into it it gets more complicated. We wanted to embed the solution into a webpage which required the Zendesk team to make a custom tweak to their config (which they warned us about).

In-house consultant and in-house employees. They did a great job.

We pay about $70/month per agent which is pretty high. We plan to add more agents soon but need to think carefully about who exactly is an "agent" in this context, because the price is quite high.

Yes we evaluated (and mistakenly purchased) Desk.com

What other advice do I have?

Rely on their excellent documentation and don't be afraid to ask them for help.

1 visitor found this review helpful