Zendesk Review
Its customizable features, sandbox, documentation and support are great, but the look and feel could use more polish

Valuable Features:

Customizable features, sandbox, documentation, support

Improvements to My Organization:

We were able to get up and running with Zendesk in a very short time. While our IT department uses Zendesk for it's internal ticket handling, my team uses Zendesk to integrate with a web app on a project for a client. We're able to build a robust web app including help desk functionality that makes the product owner and client very happy.

Room for Improvement:

The look and feel could use a little more polish. The way information is presented in the admin console is a bit unorthodox and hard to get used to.

Use of Solution:

Three months

Previous Solutions:

We initially tried Desk.com but their documentation was not accurate and their API was buggy.

Initial Setup:

It was mostly straightforward initially. Once you get into it it gets more complicated. We wanted to embed the solution into a webpage which required the Zendesk team to make a custom tweak to their config (which they warned us about).

Implementation Team:

In-house consultant and in-house employees. They did a great job.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

We pay about $70/month per agent which is pretty high. We plan to add more agents soon but need to think carefully about who exactly is an "agent" in this context, because the price is quite high.

Other Solutions Considered:

Yes we evaluated (and mistakenly purchased) Desk.com

Other Advice:

Rely on their excellent documentation and don't be afraid to ask them for help.
1 visitor found this review helpful