Zendesk Review

It allows employees to work remotely and to reply to the customer on the go, although it'd be easier to setup if there was metadata available and an API guru resource available.

What is most valuable?

The cloud web app is the single most valuable feature for me.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows employees to work remotely and to reply to the customer on the go.

What needs improvement?

It would be easier to setup if there was metadata available and an API guru resource available. This would help in migrating user information from old platforms to Zendesk.

We've been using it for over two years.

Zendesk's support team are available 24/7 for the enterprise-level customers. Though certain bugs are not immediately resolved, they do get resolved within a reasonable amount of time.

Previous product used was Oracle RightNow. The solution was bulky, only supported Windows at the time, and costly to configure. Zendesk, on the other hand, can be configured on the fly, works with any web browser, and comes with mobile apps for on-the-go staff.

Everything was very straightforward. The biggest huddle was migrating the users' information out of the old platform into Zendesk. I'm sure it's easier if there is metadata available and an API guru resource available. We did not have any at the time, so it was a manual process. It was a lot of straightforward repetitive work.

The ROI is amazing. We had a team of 21 and were able to reduce it to seven members, and they are able to handle the same load.

What other advice do I have?

Get the Enterprise edition to start with. It has an excellent support team to answer all questions you may have. If migration of old tickets can be avoided, it will be much faster and cheaper. Don't forget those legacy links pointing to the older KB in the old support portals as those may have been hard-linked from the web app/desktop app or elsewhere.