Zendesk Review

Valuable Features

I currently barely use Zendesk any longer, I have changed roles from post sales support to a pre sales role and we no longer have to use it. I do refer to our knowledge base quite often, which is now powered by a mix of Inbenta and Zendesk.

Improvements to My Organization

We are a customer support model based organization. When our customers experience an issue or need help, we direct them to enter support tickets and to expect follow up via that interface. Our company is based on this model and wouldn't be as successful as we are today without this support structure in place.

Room for Improvement

We had to modify extensively the reporting features to be meaningful to our business. In addition to this, our internal business is very much metric driven, they did a good job with these metrics, but to get customized metric reporting, you need to understand how to customize their reporting.

Use of Solution

We use the full access Enterprise Level Zendesk case management and knowledge base tracking solution. It is used both internally as well as with our customer base. I have been using it on and off for three years.

There have been no issues with the deployment.

We have had no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

During the early years, we were not viewed as a very large (or important) customer, but as we started to grow and expand, and started looking at other solutions besides Zendesk, that acquired us the attention we were looking for.

There was no solution in place previously.

I was not included in the initial setup.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I was not included or part of the financial aspects of this product.

Other Advice

The product is fairly solid, the solution is fairly easy to manage and to be used by our customers. The reporting that was native out of the box was a bit on the light side, but over the year and a half that I held a management position in our technical support team, I was able to add and modify the reporting to fit my needs.

Take your time with the training, use the supplied training they offer. Use their resource center and the extensive community help articles.