Zendesk Review

The 'mark as spam' and setting up tickets with certain titles to be automatically solved/deleted is probably the most important feature.

Valuable Features

Since I'm the main user for the retail site I haven't had to deal with any multi-user issues so can't comment on that. The 'mark as spam' and setting up tickets with certain titles to be automatically solved/deleted is probably the most important feature for me. Weeding out spam and tickets that don't warrant any attention is extremely valuable when it comes to time-saving.

Improvements to My Organization

Zendesk allows you to manage Twitter messages, Olark chats and phone messages all in one place. It's a great hub for all of your customer service issues and not sure how tough it would be to manage all incoming inquiries in a timely manner without it.

Room for Improvement

Right now, Zendesk does what we need it to do for us. I've had a few issues setting it up to receive incoming facebook messages. Not sure if this needs attention on the backend or if I just need a rep to help with the setup, but like I mentioned earlier, if they reached out to us from time to time to discuss how we could improve the use of their program to help us function more efficiently that would be great.

I think there's always room for improvement, but right now it fits our needs just fine.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for little more than a year and we had it for another year or two before I signed on with the company. I'm the main user for the retail site and I'm usually on it roughly six days a week.

The setup was fairly easy.

There have been non issues with the stability.

The scalability isn't an issue for us right now.

Good. I really wish they had a chat feature - like Olark for example. But I guess it makes sense. Olark is chat program and Zendesk is a support ticket program. That said, chat would be useful. No reason they shouldn't have this deployed at this stage of the game. People want / need answers immediately. They don't want to send in a support ticket and wait for a response.

Zendesk has been with us from the beginning.

Zendesk was implemented before I came on board with the company, but I've had several discussions with the zendesk support team to improve / setup certain features. Advice - Do your research. Read their content. Talk to their support team. And put a proper amount of time into setting it up so that you know all the ins and outs of the program. There could be features you're missing out on so explore and connect with the zendesk team to make sure you're accessing everything you need to be successful and efficient going forward.

ROI

Zendesk is an invaluable tool. It's tough to put a price tag on it, but it's definitely worth the investment.

Other Advice

This is pretty much the only customer service solution I've used for this purpose so can't compare it to anything else. It gets the job done and there's not much to complain about in terms of functionality and results. It'd be nice to have them check in from time (or once a month), examine our usage and relay any information that they think might be useful for us.

In a nutshell, it's a great tool that allows you to manage all your customer service issues in one location. Not sure where we would be without it, but response time is a crucial element when it comes to customer satisfaction, and zendesk helps us manage all of it at a high level.

1 Comment
Vincent GuibertConsultantTOP 5LEADERBOARD

The "mark as spam " option is certainly one of my favourite, indeed !

04 July 17