Zendesk Support Review

Seamless and easy to set up with a good Slack integration

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for customer-facing tickets.

The solution is a kind of standard SaaS support for our customers when they have technical issues. Usually, they'll generate the ticket, sometimes they are not sure and may contact me as the main point of contact for our partnership. I'll generate the ticket with them CC'd on it. Then our support team takes it from there. Sometimes there's an additional contact that the customer may have provided and I'll add those in. We use the Slack integration with Zendesk Support. I'll usually add the additional context via the Slack integration, so it's added to Zendesk.

How has it helped my organization?

It's just offers really good collaboration flow between the customer success team that I'm on and the support team they're on. We obviously have a lot of back and forth sometimes, especially with our larger customers and more complex situations that we need to kind of go back and forth on.

What is most valuable?

I always find myself exclusively on Slack using Zendesk. I really enjoy the Slack integration. I don't think I've ever been the actual interface for Zendesk. Our support team of course lives in the Zendesk interface every day. I kind of just use the Slack integration.

The stability is very good.

The initial setup is simple and straightforward.

What needs improvement?

An area of opportunity for Zendesk is probably just when there's a long email chain and everything gets forwarded to support, I know it can be time consuming for them to extract the important information from the email chain. Sometimes if there was a way to just flag the actual issue out of those email chains - that would be really helpful.

It's just so time consuming, especially trying to find attachments too. I think it'd be good to have just one place, "Here's all the attachments and the 24 emails that's been sent in this chain."

It's hard to say what needs improvement being someone who usually does the communication was Zendesk in Slack rather than the actual interface. However, on the customer success side, it would be really, really helpful if I can somehow categorize all these Zendesk tickets by customers, so that I can see all the outstanding support tickets. That way, the status is in one place for that customer. Right now I really have to check by ticket number.

We use Pendo, which is another complete different software, however, they have something called NPS scores. I just do a quick search in Slack for the customer's name. Then I see all the NPS scores out of the search results. If I put in the customer name, it's just kind of not associate on the account level in this solution.

It's my understanding that we have been using the solution for about a year and a half.

The stability of the solution is excellent. It doesn't crash or freeze. there are no bugs or glitches to speak of. Its performance has been reliable and very good overall.

The scalability capability seems pretty straightforward. I can't speak to how the support team is using it, to be honest. I can't speak to if they actually have attempted to scale it in any meaningful way just yet.

Our support and customer success teams are the main users of the product. We have about 15 people in total on the solution at any given time.

We also use Jira internally. We also use Pendo.

I was not involved in thte initial setup of the solution. I can't speak to how straightforward or difficult the process was.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users of the solution.

We are using the current version of the solution.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. It works really well. It's very seamless, and is very good software. Just from the customer success side, based on what I do, I would just like a more centralized account organization kind of feature.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Zendesk Support reviews from users
...who compared it with JIRA Service Management
Find out what your peers are saying about Zendesk Support vs. Zoho Desk and other solutions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.