Zenoss Service Dynamics Review

A flexible centralizing monitoring solution suitable for hybrid environments

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the solutions that we provide for our customers.

We have experience with several versions of this software, and the one we are using depends on our clients.

We are using a lot of modules in a hybrid cloud deployment. We have used this solution in both a classical data center and a private cloud. Amazon is normally the cloud provider that we use.

How has it helped my organization?

Our primary use case for this solution is flexible centralized monitoring.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the flexible discovery mechanism.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see greater importance placed on the open-source version of this solution.

This solution is complex for beginners so it takes some time to learn.

The inclusion of a feature to show a graphical view of the network would be a helpful improvement.

We have been using this solution for eight years.

This is a very stable solution. We have been using it for years and although it is sometimes high maintenance, it has evolved with our needs.

I would rate the technical support a seven out of ten.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on which version is being implemented. For the versions that I have seen, the complexity is somewhere in the middle.

Compared to other solutions such as Nagios, this is the most flexible one.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anyone who is implementing this solution is to have patience because the learning curve at the beginning is steep. It is the most flexible solution of this type, but it takes time to adapt.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.