Zephyr Enterprise Review

Useful for test case management and automation integration, but it should have a utility for automation integration

What is our primary use case?

We have been working with DFS for almost six or seven years. We have a lot of automation in our own framework, and DFS is supporting that framework. We have integrated DFS with our automation framework.

We moved to JIRA because of the cost. We needed a test management solution, and we are in the process of finalizing Zephyr for that. The management is yet to decide whether we move to Zephyr or continue with DFS. We are still using DFS for most of our projects. For some of the projects, we are using Zephyr. We are using continuous integration while doing the deployment to Bamboo.

What is most valuable?

It has many features, but the main things that we need are the test cycles and integration with automation because we have automation for the web and mobile applications.

We use it for test case management to run the test cases and get the results. At this moment, it is fulfilling our requirements. We are able to get the test execution report and the test pass and fail report. This summary is delivered to our management.

What needs improvement?

We have a lot of automation for our products, and we require a utility for its integration with automation. Currently, we have to write this utility ourselves. It would be great if they can provide such a utility.

We haven't had any issues so far. Its stability is good.

We haven't had any issues so far. Currently, around eight users are using Zephyr, and 50 plus users are using DFS, but they will move to Zephyr very soon.

I have not contacted them.

We have been working with DFS for almost six or seven years. We moved to JIRA because of the cost. We needed a test management solution, and we have almost finalized Zephyr for that.

DFS is more expensive than Zephyr, but it is a very strong solution. For JIRA, in comparison to other solutions, such as TestRail, Zephyr is good, but it is not as good as DFS.

The DevOps team and the network team are basically responsible for the setup of all such things. The initial setup was done by them. I just recommended the solution with the pros and cons.

DFS is more expensive than Zephyr. DFS is around $32 per person, whereas Zephyr is $10 per person. There is a major difference in the price, which is the main reason why we are trying to shift to Zephyr.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to go for a tool that meets or fulfills your needs. I am currently exploring how to shift the test cases from DFS to JIRA or Zephyr. If we decide to go with Zephyr, we have around 3,000 to 4,000 test cases written in DFS that need to be shifted to Zephyr.

I would rate Zephyr Enterprise a seven out of ten.

More Zephyr Enterprise reviews from users
...who compared it with TestRail by Gurock
Find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, IDERA, Micro Focus and others in Test Management Tools. Updated: June 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.